Women: New Portraits by ANNIE LEIBOVITZ
- Location: Tanjong Pagar Rail Station, Singapore
- Address: Main Hall 30 Keppel Road, Singapore 089059
- Exhibition dates: Apri 29 – May 22, 2016
- Monday – Thursday: 10am – 6pm (last admission 5pm)
- Saturdays- Sundays: 10am – 6pm (last admission 5pm)
- Fridays: 10am – 8pm (last admission at 7pm)
- Tickets: Free
ANNIE LEIBOVITZ is an all-time favourite photographer for many magazines, print covers, journalism, politics and popular culture. This year, Annie Leibovitz is showcasing her work of Women at the Tanjong Pagar Rail Station in Singapore. There are three sections in this exhibition – the interior hall where the main showcase is situated, the library, and a smaller library which is next to the entrance.
Visitors will enjoy the portraits of well-known celebrities, movie producers, politicians, artists, writers, athletes, scientists; e.g. Natalia Vodianova, Adele, Malala Yousafzai, Jane Goodall, Katie Ledecky Samantha Power, Alice Waters, Wendi Murdoch, Aung San Suu Kyi, etc.
The rail station stopped its operation after 79 years of operation (1932 to 2011) and reopened its doors on March 2015 to the public. There will not be trains running in the station or passengers that are in the hurry to catch a train. A photo exhibition at a historic site makes it a bonus to visit.